This year iOS 14 brought a number of great surprises, including Home Screen widgets. It makes our daily apps more fluid, speedy, and easy. Adding a widget in iOS 14 is pretty easy and simple.
To develop unique and useful widgets for iOS 14, many developers are excited to build it, and at the same its a challenge for them.
iOS 14 is now public for all iOS users where Apple added a bunch of new features to make it better. With the ahead of the launch of iOS 14, many companies are building a third-party home screen widget apps to make the user a convenient and better experience.
Here are some of the best third party home screen widget apps for iPhone running iOS 14 or later.
1. Documents by Readdle
A hub for all your files. You can read, listen, view, annotate almost anything on your iPad and iPhone that you want. In Documents by Readdle, all files, documents, books, and content are located. You can simply say that it’s the Finder for iOS you’ve always wanted.
Document is a must-have app for your iPhone and iPad! The document app is your iOS device’s most capable application. It is the hub for all your files because it replaces the document viewer, the “read it later,” the music and video player, the downloader of your files, the cloud integrator, and many other apps like the one elegant application.
You can use it constantly, at the home, office, university, or on the road, every single day.
With Documents, you can do many things and worth downloading.
Key Features of Documents
IMPORT and SAVE FILES
- Import files from your computer, cloud, WebDav, or any nearby devices
- Download files from the Web
- Store email attachments
- Save web pages to read them later
- Manage your files and create folders
- Zip/ unzip, color tag, rename, etc
- Drag and drop files across apps (!). Open two Readdle apps in Split View on iPad* and simply move files between them
- Share files with friends
- Protect everything with a Password
- iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 4
ACCESS CONTENT YOU LOVE WITH SECURE VPN
- You can change your virtual location to access any website or app you want. Watch Netflix, Disney+ and Hulu, listen to Pandora, and enjoy many other services wherever you are.
- VPN encrypts your data, so no evil eye snoops on you while you’re sending an important email or using internet banking at your local taco truck.
INTEGRATE ALL CLOUD SERVICES
- Connect all cloud services to Documents and access your personal and business files anytime
- Work in iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, and other Services without downloading files
- Set up two-way sync to specific folders to automatically upload your files
LISTEN and WATCH
- Listen to music online and offline
- Watch movies by importing them from your computer or online sources
- Great and easy access to your photo library
READ AND EDIT PDFs
- Open Office files and eBooks
- View and mark up PDFs
- Modify PDF text and images
- Manage pages in your PDFs
- Convert anything into a PDF
Price: Free (In-App Purchase $12.49)
2. Pillow Automatic Sleep Tracker
Trouble sleeping? Pillow, your intelligent sleep assistant to make your sleep better. You can automatically analyze your sleep cycles by using your Apple Watch or you can use Pillow with an iPhone or iPad on a mattress near your pillow without an AppleWatch.
Pillow helps to record important audio events like snoring, sleep apnea, and talking about sleep. Also, it discovers your sleep trends and compares the quality of your sleep with 10 sleep affecting Apple’s health.
Pillow home screen widget app has been featured in big companies like The New York Times, Forbes, The Guardian, BuzzFeed, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, MacStories and has been rated as one of the best sleep tracking app for the Apple Watch and iPhone. That means it is definitely worth to buy it free or go for a premium version for more features.
Key Features of Pillow
TRACK YOUR SLEEP AUTOMATICALLY
- Just wear your Apple Watch during sleep. Pillow will automatically detect and analyze your sleep
- View last night’s report right on your Apple Watch, along with the heart rate analysis for the night
- Switch between manual and automatic mode anytime.
SLEEP & HEART RATE ANALYSIS
- View your heart rate graph overlaid on top of your sleep analysis graph and
- Advanced sleep analysis algorithm, based on the latest scientific findings in sleep research.
- Sleep stage diagram (Awake, REM, Light Sleep, Deep Sleep) and sleep session trends.
- Heart rate analysis requires Apple Watch)
COMPARE YOUR SLEEP QUALITY WITH APPLE HEALTH
- Pillow updates Apple Health’s Sleep category automatically
- Compare your sleep quality with many Apple Health categories that affect sleep.
LISTEN TO IMPORTANT AUDIO EVENTS DURING SLEEP
- Records sounds during your sleep
- Play, export or delete any audio recording.
- A smart audio recording algorithm discards noise.
- Personalized experiments & recommendations.
- Regularly updated with the latest scientific research and sleep-related facts.
- Pillow analyzes your sleep cycles and suggests the best time to go to bed and more.
Price: Free (In-App Purchase – $4.49)
Tracking your everyday requirements for water and ensuring that the body is hydrated is not an easy task in the busy world today. WaterMinder is a simple, intuitive application to monitor the intake of your water.
WaterMinder will remind you to drink water to reach your daily goals based on your body weight (or personal objective). Visually and in percentages, you will know how well you are moisturizing instantly by looking at current water!
WaterMinder is downloaded and used by more than 3 million users worldwide and has been featured by Apple, The New Yorker, Glamour, Tech Crunch, MacStories, Gizmodo, Venture Beat, BGR, The Telegraph, Mashable, and many more.
WaterMinder is nicely reviewed by the user as well so this app would be so useful. In addition, there are many customizations, including light, dark, and pure dark themes, available in the widgets. You can log water with your favorite cups with ten different widgets to choose from, see your progress, weekly graphs, etc.
Key Features of WaterMinder
- Cross-platform water tracker
- Standalone Apple Watch app
- Dark Mode
- Today Widget
- Siri Shortcuts
- Apple Health Sync
- A clean visual view of your current water fill
- 50+ Characters to reflect your hydration*
- Ability to change your App Icon
- Alternative hydration progress ring layout
- Simple, quick, and easy to use interface (just tap on 1 icon and a menu opens with your options to log/track your water intake)
- Pre-defined cups for quick hydration tracking
- Log and create other drink types than water
- Create custom cups (size, icon, color, drink type)
- Create custom water tracker reminders
- History and Graph, see your progress
- US oz, UK oz, L and ML units
- Earn and Share your Achievements
- iMessage Stickers
- A free guide to drinking water and more.
Stay healthy, and drink more water – hydrate yourself!
Wikipedia’s widgets bring daily updates to your iOS 14 home screen. Your favorite free online encyclopedia is at your fingertips with over 40 million articles in nearly 300 languages.
It has a Night reading feature that lets you read Wikipedia in comfort, with dark mode, text size control, and image dimming to customize how you read.
- Places – Find Wikipedia articles about places next door or across the globe, with a map and location-based search experience. On a trip or your daily commute, with Places, it’s easy to learn more about the world around you.
- Explore feed – Discover the depths of Wikipedia through your explore feed, which surfaces Wikipedia articles and captivating freely-licensed photos
- Find and search – Easily find what you’re looking for by searching within articles or using Spotlight. You can even search with your favorite emojis!
- Quick access – Add Wikipedia to your device’s Today screen to pick up exactly where you stopped reading your last article, or see the top-read articles and trends of the day.
- Easy touch navigation, including 3D touch – Multi-touch gestures like swipe, tap, and 3D Touch features complete essential tasks more quickly and simply.
- Save articles – Save articles for reading later, even when you’re offline. Search and sort Saved articles, and organize them into folders. Log in to sync your Reading Lists across your mobile devices.
- Multilingual support – Search for and read Wikipedia articles written in any Wikipedia-supported language — there are nearly 300!
If you want to expand your vocabulary, a word of the day widget would seem like the perfect way to view the home screen during the day.
LookUp is an easy-to-use English dictionary application with beautiful Word of the day and an awarded design for searching everything you want to know in a single search. It is a great readership companion and a visual training tool for children, new English speakers or anyone else who wants to develop their vocabulary proactively.
The lookUp also offers Quizzes and Collections widgets and has a number of features that is highlighted below.
Key Features of Lookup
- Remember new words: Every day, we carefully curate and design beautiful illustrations for the Word of the Day, making it easier and fun to learn new words!
- Organize your favorite words: Group the new word discover by your favorite books, places, authors, or just anything with Collections. You can even create Siri shortcuts for your specific collections to access them easily!
- Take Quizzes: You can test your vocabulary by taking quizzes based on the words you save in your Collections. Quizzes are a great way to remember words or to prepare for proficiency exams. Answer the questions correctly to win trophies!
- Learn it all: LookUp a word’s meaning, picture, origin, synonyms, antonyms, and a Wikipedia entry in a single search.
- Translations: You can translate the definitions from English to more than 18 different languages including Chinese, German, Spanish, Greek, and many more!
- Translations are available in Chinese, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Romanian, Greek, Tatar, Tok Pisin, Indonesian, Malay, Turkmen, Tajik, isiXhosa, isiZulu, Northern Sotho, Setswana, with support for more languages such as Hindi coming soon!